It’s Cheaper To Get It Right Before Your Sign and if your contract doesn’t proceed to settlement our Professional fees are FREE!
Buying and selling property without specialist legal advice can be risky and expensive.
You may think you know what you’re doing and think you can save costs by doing it yourself. But there are many tricks to the trade.
Did you know that if the information in the Schedule is not completed correctly or if the language used is vague or uncertain the clause can become invalid and ultimately unenforceable at law. You may for example be liable to purchase a property without having access to finance or without having your specific conditions met. That’s assuming special conditions have been included in the contract in the first place.
One of the biggest decisions that you make in your life could turn into one of the worst.
“In Queensland, legally all conveyancing must be done by a registered lawyer or someone working under the direct supervision of a lawyer, in order for the transaction to be covered by the lawyer’s Professional Indemnity Insurance through the Law Society of Queensland if something goes wrong.
Buyers and sellers in Queensland however are not aware that they may need to double check that the “conveyancer” handling their property transaction is working as part of a legal practice under the direct supervision of a lawyer and they are covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) and a Guarantee/Fidelity Fund in the event something goes wrong and a consumer should seek recourse.
It is quite in order for a consumer to ask their legal representative to provide them with details of their PII and the name of the Fidelity/Guarantee Fund which applies.”
At David Mills LAWYERS we offer prospective clients a no obligation review of your contract. Insist that your Agent provide a copy of the proposed contract to us and we will clarify this important legal document with you. It’s cheaper to get the right advice before you sign.
Our team of expert staff have a combined 64 years extensive legal experience. We provide the right advice for your particular situation at minimal cost. A number of innovative services such as our in-house stamping facility makes the buying and selling process easier and more cost effective for you.
Our FIXED price for services policy means costs are provided up front so you will know exactly what to budget for. Outlays for titles searches and other Government services are charged at actual cost to us. There are no extra hidden fees or charges and no cost mark-ups.
In fact our residential property conveyance rates are among the most competitive in Rockhampton.
And if your contract doesn’t proceed to settlement our Professional fees are FREE!
After your FREE initial consultation we put together a personalised action plan tailored to meet your individual circumstances. We ensure that you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities prior to any contracts being signed or transactions taking place. Our expert advice provides an excellent safe guard and insurance policy against things going wrong.
We are able to assist you in the following ways:
- Preparation of contracts for residential sales
- Review of contracts for residential purchase
- Detailed advices on what to include and/or exclude in a contract
- Pest and building inspection reports, surveyor checks, sewage plans, pool safety checks
- Advice on pest and building inspections
- Property searches, building certification searches, titles searches, community titles (body corporate) searches, encumberance searches, contaminated land searches, land tax searches, main roads department searches, excess water searches, town planning searches
- Attendances at property settlement and exchange of legal documents
- Contract negotiations for purchase price reductions
- Transfer of property and in-house stamping
- Preparation of contracts for Commercial sales
- Review of contracts for Commercial purchase
- Succession Planning
- Preparation of Commercial Leases
- Assistance for first home owners
- Assistance in applying for relevant Government grants
- Advice on loan and mortgage documents
legal advices on loan refinancing
- Property development and subdivision advices
Why choose David Mills Lawyers?
Talk to us about getting it right with your Conveyancing matter.
We offer a 24 hours a day 7 days a week service and we’re happy to handle your property purchase from interstate.
Something to consider – Joint tenants or tenants in common?
When purchasing a property you’ll need to indicate the type of tenancy required. For example, if you are a couple buying a house and both have children from a previous marriage you may want half of your share of the property go to your children. But you may also like your spouse or partner to be looked after during their lifetime.
We can offer advice which best suits your situation. It is also a good idea to seek advice from our Estate Planning experts to ensure the smooth passing of your property to your spouse or family members should the unthinkable happen. The way in which you hold a title makes a big difference in the long run.
The nature of your assets and how you hold the title of those assets is a critical factor in the Estate Planning process. Before you take title (or change title) to an asset you should understand the consequences of any proposed change. Whether you are selling or buying property have a skilled Estate Planner and Property conveyancing expert look at the contract to ensure it will meet your requirements now and into the future.
- Australian Institue of Conveyancers – http://www.aicnational.com.au
- General Buying and Selling Guide – http://www.reiq.com/buying-and-selling-tips
- First Homeowners information – https://www.osr.qld.gov.au/first-home-owner-grant/index.shtml
- Transfer (Stamp) Duty calculator – https://www.osr.qld.gov.au/client-group/property-investor/index.shtml
- Foreign Investors guidelines – http://www.firb.gov.au
- Destiny – http://destiny.net.au
- Hotspotting – http://www.hotspotting.com.au
- RP Data – http://rpdata.com
- SQM Research – http://sqmresearch.com.au
- InfoChoice – http://infochoice.com.au
- CQ Pest and Building Inspections – http://cqbuildingandpest.com.au
- Rockhampton Regional Council – http://www.rockhamptonregion.qld.gov.au
- Capricorn Enterprise – http://www.capricornenterprise.com.au/
- Capricorn Holidays – http://www.capricornholidays.com.au/